To help and support residents in their daily life, we have a team of Welfare Assistants who are available 7 days a week.
Our Welfare Team provides:
- assistance with health issues; accompanying them to doctors and hospitals
- assistance with social services and monitoring of care packages
- assistance with individual grant applications to other organisations
- assistance with any pension issues
- assistance with general welfare benefit applications
- support in tracing relatives and re- building relationships where required
- assistance with financial and debt management
- assistance with housing benefit as required
The Welfare Team works in partnership with local authority outreach teams as well as other maritime and veteran organisations. Where residents wish to move-on, our Welfare Team will advise on move-on options, and provide assistance with housing applications and/or grant applications for essential items for their new home. Our Welfare staff also work alongside other members of staff and volunteers in organising activities, events and days out to foster a spirit of community and combat any feelings of isolation.
Read more about our referral procedures.
You can contact our welfare department at welfare AT qvsr.org DOT uk