The Queen Victoria Seamen’s Rest will provide accommodation for seafarers, both active and retired, ex-servicemen and other homeless men.
We aim to do this in a caring environment where individuals will be helped and encouraged – physically, mentally and spiritually – to meet their full potential regardless of ethnicity or religious background.
We seek to do this by:
- Providing a secure, comfortable and homely living environment
- Fostering a spirit of community, both internally and externally
- Supporting, empowering and enabling individuals to enhance their quality of life
- Assisting service users to move on to independent living where appropriate
- Providing rehabilitation opportunities via networking and working in partnership with other organisations where appropriate
- Working with partner organisations and further education providers to provide active training opportunities in order to allow service users to gain new skills or rekindle dormant skill and abilities
- Promoting healthy living via positive exercise and healthy eating
- Integrating our services, where appropriate, into the life of the local community
- Offering opportunities to alleviate boredom via a structured programme of occupational and recreational activities
- Recognising the individual human rights of service users
- Prioritising staff development and offering vocational and academic training opportunities in order that our staff can provide the best quality service
By giving a donation to QVSR you will be helping to make a difference to those who are in need of our accommodation service in Poplar as well as supporting the welfare of active seafarers at our Seafarers Centres in Tilbury, London Gateway, Bristol, Felixstowe and Immingham.Thank you for your donation